It is not possible for car owners to protect the vehicle from every possible threat as some things can’t be avoided at all. You cannot keep it hidden inside the garage and when it comes out, it’ll definitely become a victim of the forces of nature. The first thing that gets affected is the top coated paint of the vehicle and therefore, it is important that you are aware of some paint protection tips. Some of them are discussed below.
• According to the experts, cleaning the vehicle every fifteen to twenty days is a good idea to make sure that it stays clean as well as protected.
• This cleaning is recommended also when you are back from a long journey to rinse off the dirt from the vehicle at the earliest.
• The reason is that longer it stays on the vehicle, more it’ll settle, thereby making it tough to remove.
• More robust attempts to clean the dust mean damaging the paint of the car by itself.
• Once you have washed, let it sit and cool down in the shade on shallow incline.
• This will allow the water to get away from the body and not penetrate in the paint.
Dusting or rinsing is important
• Another tip for paint protection is that you should rinse or dust your car well before washing.
• These steps will help you remove the sand particles, dirt and grit that can damage the paint as you engage in washing or scrubbing, etc.
• Experts further say that hard rinsing or scrubbing should be avoided totally, as these steps can also result into fading of the paint.
• The next step is that you should dry the car in the shade and use a blotting paper rather than wiping.
Other influential steps you can take to ensure full-proof car paint protection are –
• Waxing to enhance the beauty of your car's paint and protect it from UV rays and dirt.
• UV protection coating can effectively resist chalking and dulling effect of sunlight on your car's paint.
• Clear coat paint functions as "sealers" on new cars and work as a protective film over the base paint layer.